IRI is a membership association – it’s your association. We rely on many people to help run various aspects of the organization. There are numerous ways to get involved, from participating on a Research-on-Research (ROR) working group, belonging to a network and also helping to provide leadership to the association. Below are a number of opportunities where members can get involved. If you are interested in serving or learning more about what it means to participate in one of these groups please contact Erika Toman, Member Relations.
- Awards Committee: selects the recipients of the Industrial Research Institute (IRI) Medal and the IRI Achievement Award for approval by the Board.
- Board of Directors: oversees the management of IRI as the governing board and are elected by the voting representatives of the association.
- Board of Editors: oversee the publications of the Institute, primarily the Research-Technology Management (RTM) journal. The Board is also responsible for RTM article review and for selecting the recipient of the Maurice Holland Award, presented to the author of the best paper published in RTM the previous year.
- IRI Spokesperson: available to speak to media on as needed basis reinforcing goals and mission of IRI in general.
- Membership Committee: promotes membership in the Institute, investigates the eligibility of new prospects and recommends to the Board those considered desirable for invitation to membership
- Nominating Committee: solicits nominations for Vice Chairman and new members of the Board of Directors and determines nominees’ willingness to serve.
- Program Committee: organizes and supervises the programs for the Annual Meeting and Member Summit Meetings of the Institute.
- Research on Research (ROR) Leadership: provides leadership direction to the working groups that perform studies on various aspects of the research process
- Science & Technology Policy Committee: makes available to appropriate Federal bodies and the National Academies the advice and counsel of IRI in the field of industrial research and maintains an effective flow of information to IRI members on activities of Federal bodies in fields of interest.
- Voice of the Member Committee: Review and assess IRI membership needs and recommend programs and projects that meet pressing member needs.
To volunteer for one of these opportunities, please contact our Member Relations Department.