The Industrial Research Institute (IRI) is an authoritative source of R&D innovation leadership solutions for its member companies since 1938. As a membership association, the member organizations form its governance and develop its programs and services to meet their needs.
IRI's mission is to enhance the effectiveness of technological innovation by networking the world's best practitioners and thought leaders to seek, share, learn and create.
Collaboratively creating technological innovation leadership solutions.
IRI strives to deliver outstanding value to members by:
- Providing insight and actionable learning into R&D’s best practices;
- Creating networking opportunities with technical leaders; and,
- Quickly disseminating knowledge in appropriate formats.
The Industrial Research Institute offers memberships to both private sector companies and federally funded laboratories. There are more than 200 companies and labs who are current members. You can learn more about IRI members in this section and find an application for membership. More information
Since 1938 IRI has been publishing R&D management papers and meeting synopses. For the past 50 years, IRI’s journal, “Research-Technology Management” has been at the forefront of R&D publications. For more than 35 years, the IRI Research on Research Committee has been developing best practices and management tools.
IRI is developing one of the largest and most important collection of documents, journals and publications related to R&D in the Collaboration Center and Library. More information
- IRI has programs and services in the United States and China.
- 35 companies have been IRI members for more than 50 years.
- IRI member companies account for approximately
- More than 10 million jobs
- invest nearly ½ of the total R&D dollars of the nation's privately funded effort
- IBM, a winner of the 2004 National Medals of Science and Technology (presented February 2006) is an IRI Member.
“In the world of the future, knowledge will matter most.” – President Bill Clinton
“Science and technology have never been more essential to the defense of our nation and the health of our economy.” – President George W. Bush
"To restore America's competitiveness, we must recruit a new generation of science and technology leaders by investing in diversity," President Barack Obama
Still have questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 647-2580.