Research-Technology Management Seeks Submissions
Research-Technology Management, the award-winning journal of the Innovation Research Interchange (http://www.iriweb.org), seeks articles that connect theory to practice in innovation management.
RTM is the leading peer-reviewed journal focused on the practice of innovation. We publish articles that map the cutting edge in R&D management, illustrate how management theory can be applied to real-world challenges, and give R&D managers the tools to promote innovation throughout their organizations. RTM publishes both quantitative and rigorous qualitative work, including case studies, descriptions of new practical models, and paradigms for understanding and fostering innovation. We are interested in a wide range of topics in innovation and technology management, including:
- Product development processes and strategy
- R&D portfolio management
- R&D performance metrics
- Management of technical and creative people
- Strategy and innovation
- Global innovation
- Innovation and design, including design thinking
- Innovation and organizational culture
- Innovation and sustainability across the triple bottom line
- New modes of innovation, including business model innovation, corporate entrepreneuring/intrapreneuring, and various forms of open innovation
- Intellectual asset management
- Innovations in manufacturing, including Industry 4.0
- Security, ethical, and legal challenges associated with emerging technologies and innovation modes
- Emerging trends reshaping R&D and innovation into the future
We also publish several special issues each year, addressing current and emerging issues in innovation management. If you’d like to receive notifications of new calls for papers, contact the Managing Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to our email list.
RTM articles are concise and practice centered; they offer insights that are applicable across a broad range of industries and organizations. We prefer submissions at around 4,000–4,500 words, although we will occasionally publish truly groundbreaking pieces as long as 5,000 words. For more information, including author’s guidelines and submission requirements, please visit us at http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/urtm20/current.