IRI is home to a worldwide network of cross-industry leaders interested in driving innovation and new growth -- representing small specialty companies, large global corporations, government labs, and everyone in between.
IRI has a 35 hour work week and excellent benefits. IRI is located near the Courthouse Metro station on the Orange line in Arlington, VA. Excellent accessibility from points in Maryland, DC and Virginia.
Part Time Remote Research Assistant
The mission of IRI is to lead and advance the field of innovation management by creating contemporary practices. This position primarily provides assistance with IRI Research and reports to the Vice President, Knowledge Creation. This position is a telecommuting role, with an expectation to come into the office as needed. Candidate can expect to telecommute 80% of the time.
- Assist project teams with basic research tasks (e.g. summarizing interviews, inputting survey questions, analyzing survey data);
- Perform basic literature reviews and phenomena scans on potential research projects;
- Write summaries and prepare presentations to assist current and potential projects;
- Help in managing and administering web-based project management platforms;
- Participate as the member of a team and recommends changes for improvement of association functioning; and
- Manage other programs and responsibilities, as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least a bachelor’s degree (or working toward the completion of one);
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience in a customer service environment and a customer-focused mindset;
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of detail orientation;
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and working independently;
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work as a team member in a diverse environment;
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database tools, as well as knowledge of how to leverage tools such as relational databases, Web-enabled services, and computing systems.
Please email Erica Singleton with your resume and a cover letter if you are interested in this position.
Research-Technology Management, the flagship journal of the Industrial Research Institute, needs freelance reporters to provide compelling, timely stories for its Perspectives department. Perspectives stories offer news and analysis on topics of interest to our readers – R&D and innovation managers and executives at Fortune 500 companies and other large R&D-focused organizations. Your work will be read by the people responsible for creating the products of tomorrow!
RTM is published every other month, and each edition of Perspectives includes 3–5 stories, each typically 1,000–1,500 words. Recent stories have covered the growing collaboration in scientific research between the EU and China, innovative models for STEM education, the mobile phone patent wars, and emerging intellectual property issues around biotechnology and the EU’s unitary patent court. Samples available on request.
We are particularly interested in journalists who can provide coverage of Asia and/or other emerging markets or who have demonstrated expertise covering intellectual property issues.
To apply, please provide a resume and 3–5 clips of recent work, along with a cover letter that includes 1 or 2 proposals for stories and your preferred rate. Apply by email only to Managing Editor MaryAnne M. Gobble at email@example.com.