- R&D professionals in Research, Project, Program & Portfolio Management, Resource Management, Marketing, Finance, Licensing, Business Development
- Monday May 08, 2017 8:30am – 5:00pm
- The Westin Boston Waterfront
This course is back by popular demand. Preview the course with this short video.
How is this master class different?
Learn to shape the strategic and financial goals of your company by using compelling and actionable portfolio analysis to influence corporate decision-makers. In this class you will:
- Examine economic and portfolio theory
- Participate in training in portfolio value maximization using Excel add-in optimization software
- Apply principles learned immediately as you prepare for and analyze portfolio reviews
- Utilize a comprehensive approach to value maximization employing a holistic portfolio management framework -- CREOPM™ - (Categorize - Risk Analysis - Evaluate - Optimize - Prioritize - Manage)
Date: May 8
Time: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Fees: IRI Members: $995 | Non-Members: $1,195
Rate increases $100 for registrations received after April 10, 2017.
What you will learn
- Align corporate goals with your investment strategy
- Use CREOPM™ to maximize portfolio value
- Optimally allocate constrained R&D resources
- Understand value lost by pursuing inefficient portfolios
- Create sustainable portfolio success
- Much, much more
What previous participants are saying
- 80% of survey respondents indicated that their attention was "riveted" throughout the session.
- Fabulous info – can’t wait to try some of this. [The instructor] has great knowledge and is generous in sharing.
- I appreciated the real world experiences and the hands-on exercises.
- I’m sending my portfolio management team to the next course.
Dr. Richard Bayney
Dr. Richard Bayney is President and Founder of Project & Portfolio Value Creation, a consulting boutique providing training and education in project, program, portfolio, resource, and risk management, as well as client services in strategic, business, and portfolio planning. PPVC is a training partner of the Industrial Research Institute in Portfolio Management.
Dr. Bayney is a 23-year veteran of the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industry. He obtained his MSc and PhD from University of London, MBA from Columbia University, and PMP from the Project Management Institute. In his last corporate position, Dr. Bayney was Head of Decision Analysis and Portfolio Management at Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development.
Venue & Reservations
The Westin Boston Waterfront
425 Summer St.
Boston, MA 02210
IRI's negotiated room block is now open. Please reserve your room online or call (617) 532-4600 to reserve your room at the discounted rate of $319/night (single or double occupancy) by April 10, 2017. IRI cannot guarantee room availability at the conference rate once the room block is filled or after April 10. A limited number of Government per diem rooms are available for qualified Federal Lab attendees, please contact Brooke McCormack to book your room at the federal government rate.