2005 - 2006
Aligning Marketing and Technology to Drive Innovation, RTM, Volume 52, Issue 5, 2009
Being first to market with advanced technology solutions that satisfy unarticulated, unmet customer needs can result in very high margin products and services. This ROR set out to:
- Investigate 25-30 companies of various sizes and types
- Organizational structure and incentives supporting the value proposition
- How do you marry technical push and market pull? Where on the continuum do you operate?
- What techniques/tools/processes do you use?
- Focus on near- to far-adjacency, with significant technology development. No focus on core (incremental products).