ROR Stage: finalizing research approach
This ROR will examine the current knowledge and practices centered on the management and sponsorship of virtual teams. Discussions will focus on such questions as:
• How do you make non co-located workers feel included in the team, especially those located within different cultural environments?
• What tools are available to assist in mentoring, coaching and training in the virtual environment?
• What are the best modes of communication to address diverse team integration?
• Which performance evaluation tools would be the most effective in promoting excellence across the board
• How do you best leverage the talents of your remote team?
• How do you create the “water cooler” environment that encourages the valuable informal exchange of information and ideas?
• What practices would be most effective in creating a cohesive team throughout the virtual organization?
The group hopes to produce management guides that will provide a roadmap on how to manage people in a virtual environment as effectively as they are managed in a co-located environment, without the necessity of excessive “in-person” interactions.
Team Members: Tim Phillips, Schneider Electric; Linda Hicks, Vertellus; Dan Coughlin, ITECS (SME); Alan Fusfeld, Fusfeld Group (SME)