Media Contact: Michele Taussig
IRI’s 2016 Annual Meeting: Grab the Future—Leveraging Technology Trends
May 23 - 26
Hilton Lake Buena Vista
ARLINGTON, VA (May 19, 2016): Breakthroughs in science and technology continue to happen at a rapid pace, particularly in areas such as artificial intelligence, additive manufacturing, the internet of things (IoT), nanomaterials, and advanced robotics, just to name a few. At the Industrial Research Institute’s (IRI) 2016 Annual Meeting next week in Orlando, “Grab the Future—Leveraging Technology Trends,” attendees will examine how firms are recognizing trends, matching them to market opportunities, and challenging and inspiring their R&D organization to transform the business.
Annual Meeting attendees will also gather in small, breakout groups hosted by thought leaders in emerging technologies to learn how to employ the latest tools and tactics for accelerating innovation by anticipating trends and their impact on new product development cycles. Meeting sessions include a look at creating a corporate “DNA” that thrives on innovation, scanning scientific and technical horizons, developing and monetizing a long-term R&D strategy, using megatrends for strategic and technical planning, disciplined innovation practices, and leveraging nature as an innovation partner, among others.
Innovation executives and managers from leading R&D organizations like IBM, Google, Draper, Unisys, Michelman, Goodyear, and IARPA, among many others, will be in attendance. Attendees will be joined by a diverse collection of advanced technology companies presenting their latest product and service innovations at the evening Innovation Showcase being held Tuesday, May 24, in the Hilton Lake Buena Vista starting at 5:00 pm.
Keynote presentations will be held Tuesday May 24 and Wednesday May 25. The keynote speakers are:
- Bernard Meyerson, Fellow, Vice President, Innovation, IBM’s TJ Watson Research Center
- Jason Matheny, Director, Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA)
- Kaigham “Ken” Gabriel, CEO, Draper
This year’s two IRI Medalists will also be delivering an address Wednesday afternoon:
- Vinton Cerf, Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist, Google
- Peter Diamandis, Vice-Chairman and Co-Founder, Human Longevity Inc.; Chairman and CEO, XPRIZE Foundation
Breakout events at this year’s Annual Meeting include sessions led by:
- Roger Smith, CTO, Florida Hospital, Nicholson Center for Surgical Advancement
- Brad Nicholas, Lead IoT Architect, Uptake
- Barbara Heydorn, Senior Director, Energy Center, SRI International
- Travis Gray, Enterprise Architect, Archer Daniels Midland
- Jason Dunn, Co-Founder & CTO, Made in Space
- Ramanathan Sugumaran, Manager, Knowledge Based Solutions, Deere & Co.
- Laurie Menoud, Venture Associate, SRI International
- Michael Dupee, Principal, AWEN Ventures LLC
- Irene Spitsberg, Founder and Managing Director, InnoVentures LLC
- Semyon Kogan, President & CEO, Gen3 Partners
- Howard Soriano, Managing Director, Gen3 Partners
- Larry Schmitt, Managing Partner, The Inovo Group
- Carol Perkins, Industry Leader, Industrial and Household Care, Eastman Chemical Company
- Anne Marie Knott, Professor of Strategy, Olin School of Business, Washington University
- Julian Sanchez, Director, John Deere Technology Innovation Center, Deere & Co.
- Jeff Cope, Director, Innovation Advisors, RTI International
- Tom Culver, Senior Innovation Advisor, RTI International
Media interested in the IRI Annual Meeting, Grab the Future—Leveraging Technology Trends, should contact Michele Taussig, Vice President, Marketing, IRI: Taussig@iriweb.org; 703.647.2588.
About the Industrial Research Institute (IRI)
The Industrial Research Institute (IRI) is an organization of 200+ industrial and service companies having a common interest in the effective management of technological innovation. IRI member companies span diverse industries and represent a substantial portion of our nation’s gross domestic product. IRI is the only cross-industry organization creating innovation leadership solutions and best practices in innovation management developed through collaborative knowledge creation. For more information, call 703-647-2580 or visit www.iriweb.org.