ROR Stage: finalizing research approach, gathering and analyzing data
• Preparatory work by committee results in effective working session
• Use of analytics for R&D should be scaled on a maturity model. Use the right tools/methods for the right problem, right time.
• Having the rights tools/methods is necessary but not sufficient.
• Establish confidence in the analytic methods: ‘Pragmatic’ is leadership support and be able to apply the results
• Effective management of risks/opportunities requires management engagement
Team: Scott Mathews and Robert Williams, Boeing; Alan Fusfeld, Phil Russell (SMEs)