- Two day course for innovation leaders, managers, and teams
- Tuesday October 29, 2019 8:30am – Wednesday October 30, 2019 5:00pm
- Babson College, Wellesley, MA
Learn how to develop an internal innovation function that will fuel and sustain your company’s long-term trajectory. Advances in science and technology are disrupting entire industries. Upstart competitors are threatening companies that have been thriving for decades. Incremental product development isn’t enough to satisfy growing pressure from shareholders to innovate. Building a Capability for Breakthrough Innovation gives professionals the action plan they need to build a corporate innovation function, generate long-term revenue, and re-energize their organization.
In this highly interactive program, you will:
- Explore the three capabilities that provide the foundation for all strategic innovation: discovery, incubation, and acceleration
- Differentiate between incremental and breakthrough innovation, and define your company’s strategic intent with instructor feedback
- Go beyond innovation projects or even innovation jobs to analyze the roles and skills that are the keys to success within corporate strategic innovation teams
- Learn how successful innovation functions mature over time. Identify where your organization fits in the innovation lifecycle, diagnose your challenges, and collaborate with our faculty on an action plan
Who Should Enroll
Professionals affiliated with strategic innovation at large ($1B+) national or global companies including innovation leaders, managers and their teams, or people responsible for organizational development should enroll. Teams of up to five are encouraged to attend together to collaborate on action planning.
Gina O’Connor, Professor of Innovation Management, Babson College
Andrew Corbett, Paul T. Babson Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies and Division Chair, Entrepreneurship, Babson College
Together, O’Connor and Corbett have conducted more than 20 years of research on corporate innovation and innovation career paths at leading companies. They co-authored the 2018 book Beyond the Champion: Institutionalizing Innovation Through People.