Shaping Innovation Leaders Deadline is extended, don’t miss out!
Why do large companies with advanced training programs attend Shaping Innovation Leaders?
They understand the importance of seeing the world from outside their walls. Participants learn from their peers and competitors as much as from the world leading faculty. Case studies and group work are primary value providers from this course at the highest ranked business school in the world when it comes to developing leadership and this course takes the best of the best to train your high potentials as leaders, while teaching them how to communicate and work with other business functions at your company. It’s like a “mini-MBA” program for rising stars in the innovation world.
- Team members acquire the skills needed to successfully manage large projects.
- They learn the same vocabulary, needs and constraints as other “MBAs” in the organization.
- More new products make it to market because my managers learn how to communicate across the organization.
- The course brings together an impressive group of up-and-coming innovators to exchange ideas and gain fresh perspective. The networks formed with peers last a lifetime.
- Kellogg’s top-notch instructors cover topics ranging from marketing, legal, production, finance and more.
May 22-25, Philadelphia
Join us in Philadelphia May 22-25 for the 2023 IRI Annual Conference!
IRI’s 2023 Annual Conference registration is now open. Register before April 1 to save up to 15%. Members may use complimentary registrations to attend this event. Please contact Mallory Smith for more information.
Visit our website to view the agenda, register, and book your hotel.
- May 22: Board of Advisors Meeting, Committee Meetings, Welcome Reception
- May 23 – 24: Conference sessions
- May 25: Tech Treks (half-day field trips)
Here’s a sneak peek of the program:
- Learn how to evolve your portfolio to be at the core of sustainability from by José Méndez-Andino, EVP and Chief R&D Officer, Owens Corning.
- Discover how John Deere’s ecosystem steered the organization to become a modern smart digital enterprise.
- Hear the latest research from Mars Wrigley, the Fox School of Business, and Thinaer on how organizations can guide the cultural changes of digital transformation.
- Find out how Georgia Tech’s AI Institute for Advances in Optimization is changing the future of supply chain.
- Gain strategies to kickstart meaningful change inside your organization from Brant Cooper, author and CEO of MovestheNeedle.
- Learn what new technologies are driving the future of sustainability at DuPont, Michelin, and more.
March 13-15, Charlotte
Registration deadline for Spring Networks is around the corner
Attendees will learn new best practices from their peers, share knowledge, and troubleshoot innovation challenges. This conference is perfect for those working in external partnerships, innovation leadership, new product development, human resources, intellectual asset management, new business development, portfolio management, and more!
- Six Mistakes Business Leaders Make That Stunt Growth (Guest Speaker: Dan Adams, The AIM Institute
- Innovation ROI Best Practices (Guest Speaker: Lydia Carson, Eureka! Ranch International)
- Magnifying Innovation: Understanding Organizations’ Adoption of Novel Designs (Guest Speaker: Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Turning Supply Chain Issues into Opportunities
- Adapting Retention Strategies to New Generation of Workers
- Managing IP in Innovation Ecosystems
- Prioritizing Products – How To Determine Where To Focus Your Energy
- Developing Effective Mentorship (and Reverse Mentorship) Programs
IRI members may use a complimentary registration to attend this event. For more information, please contact Mallory Smith. IRI and NAM members receive discounted registration rates. This event is open to the public. Full Agenda.
February 27, 11am – noon
Improving R&D Productivity – an online discussion with Bob Cooper on the best ways to select new-product projects for development.
What’s new or best in the way we select the right new-product development projects for our R&D portfolios? Is it to “do projects right” or “do the right projects?” Doing the right projects is about project selection, picking winners, and making the right R&D investment decisions.
Join Robert (Bob) Cooper for an online discussion of how to improve the way to select development projects.
IRI Awards Program Debuts New Awards in 2023 –Nomination Forms Now Available Online
IRI will present three new awards categories at the IRI Annual Conference. Nominations for the 2023 awards will be accepted through March 27. Five of the six IRI Awards categories have open nominations. Visit our website to learn more about the IRI Awards and download a nomination form.
- The IRI Corporate Excellence Award (new!) will be presented to five IRI member companies for outstanding achievement and contributions to industry and society in the following categories: culture, corporate citizenship, scientific breakthroughs, digital and technological innovation, and transformative partnerships.
- IRI Innovation Award (new!) honors an individual or team within an IRI member company for leadership and contributions to the field of innovation.
- Women in Technology and Innovation Leadership Award (new!)
New Innovation Community!
Challenged integrating sustainability into your innovation practices and processes? We are excited to announce the launch of IRI’s new Sustainability Community! The Sustainability Community will help you address this, and other needs related to sustainable development goals. Through the community, you will be able to access:
- Monthly interviews with sustainability thought leaders
- Kick off interview: Sustainable innovation with Rick Michelman, President & CEO of Michelman
- How does a global chemical manufacturer integrate sustainability into new product development? How do they assess the ROI on investments in sustainability and capitalize on regulatory changes?
- Thursday, January 26 at 12pm ET
- Monthly roundtable discussions
- Join your peers each month to share challenges and bounce ideas off of one another.
- Receive the calendar invitation.
- Case studies
- Our first in the series will be out early this year. Stay tuned!
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Spring Networks Conference has been cancelled. To sign-up for regular Networks Program updates, including virtual and in-person event announcements, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IRI Networks Program sign-up”.
The IRI is a division of the National Association of Manufacturers.