2012 - Fall 2014
This ROR group seeks to identify how to increase effectiveness of R&D by delighting customers.
- What is customer delight, really?
- How do different activities like Voice of Customer, Ethnography, and Industrial Design R&D impact customer delight?
- Who are the key players/functions and what are their roles?
- What are the performance metrics that drive effective outcomes?
- Who are leaders in this area?
- What are the leadership attributes for customer delight and where are they on the maturity continuum?
- How does this fit within the product life cycle?
- How can I use this in the workplace to change behavior and drive growth?
An online survey will be introduced in which IRI member companies are encouraged to complete the survey.
To gain meaningful market insight, it is sometimes necessary to talk to your customer's customer and it is OK to do this. (We even have an example of how to do this keeping everyone happy!)
A couple considerations to help you do this:
- Consider the skills needed to collect market/customer insight that is meaningful to R&D - have technical people participate in the collection process
- "Satisfaction" is often mistaken for "delight". Be sure to properly differentiate these two key concepts
Why join Opportunity Insight to Customer Delight?
Help us to explore "what is user experience, customer delight and how are companies driving delight?" and identifying adjacencies that inform the opportunity for customer delight. This ROR working group is seeking additional core team members and companies to complete the survey. If your are willing to participate, please contact Kent Crawford, co-chair, email@example.com.