Community Forum – Have you implemented a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool?
- Resource Type
- Survey (Community Forum)
- Publish Date
- Innovation Research Interchange
- Strategic Planning, Tools & Techniques, Portfolio Management
- Associated Event
A: Have you implemented a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool?
Our organization is beginning a project to identify and implement a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool. Many different business units across the organization are involved in evaluating potential tools, but I am wondering if there is anything special or unique to consider from an R&D perspective as we work to implement one company wide.
The results from this week’s survey are below.
2. What tool do you use?
- Internally developed on a cloud-based platform
- Oracle based PLM
- In house system and sometimes do external verifications
- IPDM from Siemens, 3DX by Dassault, and other products depending on business unit product is developed by
- Collaboration with vendors and among our teams
- Organization Change Management
5. How has your use of PLM or similar tools evolved over time?
- Initially, it was R&D owned. However, we migrated that to our commercial leadership to accelerate the integration across our business. It never would have gained traction otherwise.
- I would say the usage is poor and people have tried to work around the tenets of the system
- System is always updated for internal rates and utilities costs
- We’ve are trying to rely on one set of tools to manage our entire PLM rather than having each business unit/program use their preferred set of products/tools
- It has matured and transforming into a digital thread
6. If you would be willing to discuss your experiences with other IRI members, please include contact information below:
- IRI members shared their contact information to discuss this issue further.
Have a response to add? Email us!