Whether you have presented at an IRI conference in the past or you are a newcomer, we want to provide you with everything you need to create and deliver a successful education session at the IRI Annual Meeting or Member Summit.
Please take five minutes to equip yourself with the information you need. Happy reading!
1. Dates & Deadlines - Please mark your calendars with these important deadlines:
- January 15, 2018
- Accept Speaker Authorization Form
- Read the Speaker Manual and
- February 16, 2018
- Submit final version of your abstract.
- April 10, 2018
- Either book your own housing or send us your arrival and departure dates so we can secure a hotel room for you
- April 27, 2018
- Submit additional audio-visual and room-set needs
- May 11, 2018
- Submit all handouts and visual tools to IRI office
- May 18, 2018
- Submit final session slides and handouts (changes will only be allowed up to 48 hours prior to your session)
Note: Attendees EXPECT handouts and/or slides. From previous evaluations we see that attendees rate sessions lower when handouts are not provided. Don’t let this happen to you!
2. Audio‐visual needs & Room‐set Details
To help simplify things for the conference, the standard room set of our breakout sessions will include the following items below:
- Crescent Rounds of 6 or 7 to encourage interaction. In some cases, mixed seating of both rounds and theatre seating will be necessary to maximize space.
- LCD Projector & Screen
- Podium, with a connection wired from LCD projector to the podium where you can place and connect your laptop
- Note: IRI will NOT provide laptops or dedicated technicians in each room. Please bring your own laptop with your presentation pre‐loaded to connect to the projector. We will have a technician floating between sessions to assist you and answer questions, but you will be running the show on your own during the session.
- Please note that if your PC, MAC, or tablet requires an adaptor to connect to a VGA projector please be sure you bring that adaptor with you.
- Free WiFi – see your IRI “Quick Guide” Schedule for the WiFi access code.
- 1 wireless lavaliere microphone and 1 handheld wireless microphone
- The lav microphone will work best when clipped about 6” below your chin. Please consider your clothing so the microphone can easily be clipped appropriately.
- Please utilize the wireless handheld microphone for audience Q&A and have any attendees who ask questions state their name and organization.
- If you plan on using one, please bring your own wireless slide advancer as the audio‐visual company onsite only has a limited amount, which are available only with a fee.
- Flipchart and one set of flip chart markers
- Please indicate any extra room‐set needs you that you will require along with any other audio‐visual requirements (e.g. Laptop audio patch to connect to house sound for video/music) by emailing us. Please provide these details by Friday, April 27, 2018.
3. Handout Specifications & Templates
Attendees expect handouts. Plain and simple. They will look to IRI Mobile in advance of the meeting to access electronic session materials. So, please plan ahead and be sure the visual tools, handouts, and other resources you choose to provide are sent to us by the deadline of Friday, May 11, 2017.
Templates. A Power Point template will be provided for you to use. It is set in the appropriate format to project best on the screens provided.
What's that? You would rather use your own template? Ok, if you must. We would prefer if you would use the template for the cover slide with your name, your session title and the date. Your template MUST be configured to 16:9 format for best screen optimization. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
4. Onsite Q&A Check-In Sessions for Speakers
- We will be holding brief Q&A check-in sessions for speakers to help you make sure you are ready for your session. Please join one of these sessions so we can help answer your questions in advance. You will be notified of times and rooms when available.
5. Start Engaging Now
Tell your friends and colleagues you are attending and presenting in whatever social space you use. See below:
- Twitter: Follow the conference on Twitter at https://twitter.com/iriweb and be sure to use hashtag #IRIAC18
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iriweb.
- Download IRI Mobile app for full conference information and to engage while you are at the meeting. Onsite, make sure to upload photos from the meeting to share with others and access social media through our app. Click here for more info on IRI Mobile.
Thank you! If you have questions please email Christina Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org