- Monday October 02, 2017 – Thursday October 05, 2017
- Omni Hotel, Fort Worth, TX
Strategic Challenges in R&D Talent Management
Powered largely by content developed within IRI, the Summit is an in-depth exploration of various working group findings and special reports on IRI's year-long initiative on "Strategic Challenges in R&D Talent Management."
Heather Whiteman, Head of People Strategy, Analytics & Operations, GE Digital
Join your colleagues to examine the findings from the main focus areas of this research project:
Tools to Embrace a more Fluid Workforce
- With new recruits planning to only stay at organizations for a short period and lifers considering partial retirement, how can an R&D organization effectively plan for the competencies that will be needed now and in the long term?
Recruiting and Retaining Early Career Technical Talent
- Determine key elements of an early career development experience that maximize the mutual benefit for the employee and employer and enhances retention of top talent.
Career Paths for Innovation
- Gain a better understanding of the role of the leader of the R&D function in an organization (e.g. CTO, VP of R&D, CSO; CTO for shorthand), the path that individuals take to that position, the competencies required to function well in the role, how the role functions within a large R&D organization, and the future of that role.